Preview Mode Links will not work in preview mode

The Mineral Rights Podcast: Mineral Rights | Royalties | Oil and Gas | Matt Sands

Sep 17, 2021

Beth recently wrote in and gave an excellent suggestion on a topic that I realized we hadn’t covered in a single episode.  She wrote asking for “advice on managing mineral rights from far away, particularly what services I can expect from an attorney, what might be better handled by an independent engineer or landman, or what I'll have to do myself."

This is a very common situation where you may own mineral rights or royalty interests in another state and you need to research your interests either through the county courthouse or the state oil and gas commission or you may need the services of a professional in that state but you may not be able to meet with them in person.

What we are going to cover today are some tips for managing mineral rights and royalties from out of state and how to go about hiring a professional to get help and what types of professionals can help with different steps along the way.

As always, show notes with links to the resources mentioned in this episode can be found at